Yes!!! THE DREAM COMES TRUE: any designer can now create color & vector fonts! 😻 🎉
Fontself Maker brings font creation capabilities to Photoshop CC.
You can now easily turn your own lettering into actual fonts:
- It’s just SOOOO EASY: just drag & drop any letter, icon or symbol to the Fontself Maker panel, and BOOOM, you’ve just created a font.
- Export it as standard vector OpenType .otf font file in one click and have fun with your new font!
- Oh, and you can now also make color bitmap fonts from Photoshop: this is the future of type, dude 😉 https://blog.fontself.com/bitmap-fonts-the-other-future-of-type-ca8aa5b51aa7
📦 DON’T MISS OUR 10%-OFF BUNDLE DEAL:
- While you can create vector fonts with Fontself for Photoshop, it is best suited to turn images into characters and export color bitmap fonts.
- If you are serious about making vector fonts then nothing can beat Illustrator’s workflow to create & edit vector graphics.
- So get both Photoshop & Illustrator add-ons for $89 instead of $98: https://creativemarket.com/fontself/761399-Fontself-Maker-Bundle-for-PS-AI
😛 WANT MORE?
- Check the awesome fonts crafted by the Creative Market members who already enjoy Fontself: https://creativemarket.com/fontself/collections/273597/Made-with-Fontself
- There is also an awesome tutorial for creating vector fonts in Illustrator Creative Market’s blog: https://creativemarket.com/blog/2016/06/14/how-to-create-your-first-font-from-scratch-a-step-by-step-guide
- To learn more about making color fonts in Photoshop, read this step-by-step guide: https://learn.fontself.com/create-your-first-color-font-step-by-step-270ced3f0745
#1 Color fonts are pretty new technology – they currently show up in Photoshop CC 2017 and some Mac apps, but not in Illustrator. Learn more about color font support on third-party apps here: https://learn.fontself.com/color-fonts-what-when-where-dd8c82e5a561
#2 Mind that Fontself for Illustrator runs on CC 2015 & CC 2017, the Photoshop version requires CC 2015.5 & CC 2017 but they do not run on CC 2014 or CS6 (yeah, we know, it’s pretty sad… We’ll figure something cool in the upcoming months for all the CS users who’d love to make their own fonts in a snap. Follow us to stay tuned 😉
💪 KEY FEATURES
- Create fonts in minutes
- Drag & drop to convert any shape into a character (inc. accents, punctuation signs, symbols)
- Edit, preview and install fonts within Photoshop
- Export vector OpenType fonts
- Export color bitmap OpenType fonts
- Runs on both Mac & PC
🚀 WHAT’S NEXT?
We are currently working to bring more cool features to this tool. So if you purchase Fontself Maker now, here is what you will be able to enjoy later this year (yes, updates are FREE):
- Kerning (because everyone loves it =)
- Ligatures (because many can’t live without)
- Alternates (because glyphs deserve the right to be different too)
NOTE: This add-on does not include any font file – the showcased user lettering only demonstrate the type of designs that can be generated with this tool. Check their creator sites: Roman Korolev’s OneLine eye candy https://creativemarket.com/kaer_cm – Robert Bell’s solid Chromage: http://robertbelltyperbole.tumblr.com – Ivan Filipov’s playful MultiColore http://www.neogrey.com – Lucaz Matthias’s inspiring Latinidad http://estudiocao.com.br/ – Andrei Zaripov’s Watercolor https://creativemarket.com/undrey