Yes!!! A dream come true: EVERY DESIGNER CAN NOW MAKE FONTS 😻 🎉
Fontself Maker brings font creation capabilities right into Illustrator CC. How cool does this sound?
So you can now turn your own lettering into actual fonts, right from your favorite vector editing tool.
And it’s just SOOOO EASY: just drag & drop any letter, icon or symbol to the Fontself Maker panel, and BOOOM, you’ve just created a font.
Export it as an OpenType .otf font file in one click and enjoy it anywhere you want!
If you don’t trust us, just check this awesome tutorial on the official Creative Market blog: https://creativemarket.com/blog/2016/06/14/how-to-create-your-first-font-from-scratch-a-step-by-step-guide
Mind that Fontself does not run on CS6 (yeah, we know, it’s pretty sad… But we’ll figure something cool in the upcoming months for all the CS users who’d love to make their own fonts in a snap. Stay tuned 😉
KEY FEATURES 💪
- Create fonts in minutes
- Drag & drop to convert any shape into a character
- Edit, preview and install fonts within Illustrator
- Export OpenType font files
- Extend any copy of Illustrator CC
- Compatible with both Mac & PC
WHAT’S MISSING, WHAT’S NEXT? 🚀
We are currently working to bring more cool features to this tool. So if you purchase Fontself Maker now, here is what you will be able to enjoy later this year (yes, updates are FREE):
- Kerning (because everyone loves it =)
- Ligatures (because many can’t live without)
- Alternates (because glyphs deserve the right to be different too)
- Color fonts (because life is just so colorful)
- What else? Did we miss something? Plz let us know…
NOTE: This add-on does not include any font file (the showcased user fonts only demonstrate the type of designs that can be generated with this tool. They are available from their original creators on www.gawrjuhs.com, www.trappist-monk.com and www.gumrdoad.com/handdrawn)
Do you have any question or need help? Contact us through www.fontself.com